BurnSystems.WPF – First Upload
Just uploaded one WPF custom control: The resizeable splitter…
What does it do?
- It divides a control into two parts separated by a splitter
- The splitter is draggable and the controls within are resized according position of the splitter
- The splitter can be horizontal (Top/Down separation) or vertical (Left/Right separation)
- The splitter can have a color… Yeahaa….
The XAML at the container looks like the following:
The result looks like the window:
Where can I get the source code?
As always… GitHub with MIT License.
Time to say goodbye to Facebook
As you might have noticed, I stopped to post Caturday photos and nearly stopped to use Facebook as a publishing platform.
Finally, today, I will stop to use Facebook as the primary publishing platform and stop to comment, like and share postings.
There are several reasons for this, which I might explain in further postings with several examples:
- Market share and cultural and economical impact of Facebook (GAFA)
- Incapability of Facebook to control Fake News, Hate News and other discriminating content against majorities and minorities. Even reporting of obvious hate speech did not lead to deletion of content. I don’t want to be part of a hate speech platform.
- Endangerment of democracies by failing to control foreign troll factories and providing false statements (fake news) to users. The influence of troll factories to democratic elections is well-known and could be seen in the past (Brexit, Trump, nearly Le Pen, AfD, etc…). The non-journalistic presentation of the loudest communities leads to a false bias of the important facts and causes for unwanted states in society, environment and politics. Especially when they are boosted by troll factories and other destructive parties.
- Changes in timeline and other provisions of content against my interests. Facebook has the opinion that it knows the priorities of my interests better as myself.
- Change of usage of Facebook users: I see more content with: ‚Highlight users with @A which needs to give you a drink…‘ (Especially in Germany). No real sharing of opinions… more a competitions of highlighting and sharing links (coming back to fake news…). Out of 20 postings, usually only one is interesting to me
I know, I will not change the world, but I’m more in confidence that I do not support the change of the world as it was happening last year and continues to happen this year.
What does it mean?
In future, I will use this blog (www.depon.net) as my primary publish platform. It is open, the content is under my control and everybody can extract the content by using an open protocol (RSS).
Each post will be automatically shared in Facebook and Twitter to keep me in contact with you. I know, that Facebook will penalize this by removing my content from your timeline. But that’s life. Unfortunately, open and non-commercial platforms will never reach as much people as the closed and proprietary ones.
I will continue to read Facebook and also use its messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram and all other products which are currently in my use. I will not react, like, comment and share other content on Facebook.
I will try other social platforms, like Vero… In the hope to find a platform which is more focused to connect persons instead of gathering as much content as possible. (No, I don’t use Tinder).
What about Caturday? Here, I don’t have a final conclusion since sharing cat images which are mostly under copyright might put myself in legal problems.
Automatic width in ComboBox for WPF
WPF has the annoying property, that the width of the combobox is not related to the largest element in the view:
Thanks to a blog post, which I cannot find anymore, you can the Popup child item of the combobox can be queried to figure out the width of the element:
Source code can be found on Github: ComboBoxEx.cs
and corresponding Commit: Github Commit
Update of OwnCloud
Since I’m using OwnCloud instead of OneDrive or Google Drive for my private photo storage, I’m also obliged to keep care of updates…
You may choose:
- Trust yourself and update owncloud and hope that you can make it
- Trust Microsoft/Google that they will handle it and will not give away your data voluntarily or unvoluntarily via security holes.
I made myself trusting myself… nevertheless, I believe the risk of making a fault and losing the data is higher as using OneDrive or other cloud-based services…
Back to the original topic:
- The Owncloud Client notified my that an update is available.
- Owncloud Server does not support automatic updates like WordPress…. So reading through the manual.
- Connect to server
- Switch on maintenance mode
- Move all to backup directory
- Download and extract latest version
- Copy config/config.php to new directory
- Copy data/ to new directory
- Run Update Script
- Leave maintenance mode
In total about 15 minutes which is ‚waste of time‘ compared to the scenario OneDrive.
SlideMeister Version 1.3
A minor new update for SlideMeister is now published. You can create animations and export them as .png files for fast reuse in Powerpoints.
- Copy to Clipboard via right-click or Ribbon Butten
- Improved layout for sequences. Number of tab controls is reduced
- Minor bugfixing and minor refactoring.
Der DatenMeister as a Desktop Application
Just some screenshots… After losing two of my wisdom teeth, I have some time to work on DatenMeister. I hope to have a version ready within this year which can be used in a productive meaning.
GUI Development is currently very rough…
1) The Workspaces
2) The Extents
SlideMeister 1.2 is now released… Source Code available under GitHub (by the way: Another US-driven service, I would like to get rid off):
The Download of the application is given under:
What has changed?
- Images are now created by factory methods instead being directly correlated in the main view
- A step for transition sequence can now set several transition sets
- Initialization of a transition is now working correctly
- Filenames for exports include an ordinal number (ofor better sorting)
- Minor layout improvements
SlideMeister is OpenSource
Finally, SlideMeister is released on GitHub:
Until further notification, the application is released under GPL v3 licence, which means that you have to open up your source code to whomever you provide a compiled version of the application or a derivative.
Internal object structure for .Net
A very nice blog series is available within the following links. They describe the native memory layout of .Net objects. Knowledge about this allows specific optimization when a huge number of objects is handled…
Managed object internals, Part 2. Object header layout and the cost of locking
Managed object internals, Part 3. The layout of a managed array